Pages

Thursday 30 July 2015

Ai weiwei: student names list


Before watching the movie today, in my mind, I think Ai weiwei is a very radical person. He has always claimed to be an independent artist.  In fact, I have not been very good impression of him, probably because I am not able to understand the avant-garde art and what he did some things. However, In the movie, it recorded some of his work, and the student's name list let me move and produce some thinking. This thing is about Sichuan earthquake in 2008. There are many students died in this earthquake, so Ai weiwei hopes to list all the dead students name, age and native, and he called more volunteers to join them to do this. He repeatedly stressed that he would like to know how many of the failed projects in the school? In my opinion, I do not like him, but in this matter, he did do the Chinese government should do. I think that including his process of doing this is quite tortuous. He wants to do a free speech and to know the people of the motherland. Even though he knows it's hard now. But this is China, which is indeed the status quo in China, but the Chinese government may have more considerations. Personally, From this matter, I like his ideas and thinking, and I think it is not art, this is just one thing, Ai do, and I think it is very meaningful one thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment